• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Do bonuses to carry capacity stack?

Suppose I make an orc character: it gains the Heavy Lifter trait that makes it count as a Large creature, doubling its carry capacity.
Now he's also a Forsaken: it gains the Pack Rat trait, that makes it count one size larger when determining its carry capacity.
The character is a fighter with the Campaigner Soldiering knack, which doubles it's strength score for the purpose of determining its carry capacity again.
Finally, someone casts Enhance Ability: Bull's Strength on it, which doubles its carry capacity
Do all these stack, making it able to carry 15x2x2x2x2=240 times its Str score in pounds?

Faolyn

(she/her)
There is a rule I think under the Orc of all places, that says two "size boosts to carrying capacity" don't stack.
I just double-checked and you're right. It's a sidebar. "A creature can only be considered a maximum of one size larger or smaller when determining how much Supply and weight it can carry."

Came across a similar question today. Does the Orc's Heavy Lifter trait become obsolete if he's a 20th level Berserker?

The Berserker at 20th level increases his actual size by one step when raging, so the orc would increase from medium to large. (I guess this would also apply with the Enlarge spell.) However the Heavy Lifter trait doesn't say you're treated as one size larger for the sake of lifting stuff; it says you're treated as "Large".

So does a 'large' orc (however he got that way) lose the racial benefit of lifting more stuff than others of his size?

Remove ads