• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Digital D&D advent calendar from DnDBeyond

Dire Bare

Legend
If WotC hired me as their guy behind the holiday advent calendar . . . .

Instead of dropping the entire MC 2 on Day 1, I'd drop one freebie item a day. A monster, a magic item, a spell. These could be previews from upcoming products, or like MC 2, related to but outside other releases. At the end of the calendar, I'd offer a compiled version.

Each day would also bring a coupon like what we are getting now.

Today there was a coupon for a store selling D&D-branded version of games such as Trivial Pursuit and Yahtzee.
I am disappointed... even if it was just "2-3 monsters from this adventure/supplement" I would have preferred it. This feels like an ad/coupon instead of candy. Heck if it was off buying any 1 book on D&D beyond I would feel better...

Oh well I hope some people get to use it for some Christmas shopping.
That was yesterday for me. The next one is 10% off D&D branded t-shirts.
3 days of just glorified ads...

If WotC hired me as their guy behind the holiday advent calendar . . . .

Instead of dropping the entire MC 2 on Day 1, I'd drop one freebie item a day. A monster, a magic item, a spell. These could be previews from upcoming products, or like MC 2, related to but outside other releases. At the end of the calendar, I'd offer a compiled version.

Each day would also bring a coupon like what we are getting now.
We'll see what else they offer, but yeah, getting MC2 (which was pretty fantastic!) on day 1 set the bar pretty high for 3 days of coupons to follow.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads