• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General DALL·E 3 does amazing D&D art

I did not know that. Can you scare up a link to system requirements etc?
For actual installation, you can search for 'Stable Diffusion install' on Youtube. I am not sure if something has changed, because they just released the SDXL model and stuff, so I'm not suggesting any specific videos.

For system requirements, if you have 8gb gfx card and 16gb RAM, you should get somewhere. My gfx card started squeaking loudly when I ran it locally, so I decided not to do that.

This was one of the deities I had in a setting I cooked up for a campaign I was running through the deepest part of the pandemic.

The prompt is:
A silvery unicorn with a jet-black mane stands defiantly in a shadowy, moonlit, misty grove. A gleaming crescent moon adorns the unicorn's rump. High resolution digital fantasy art.

The god here is the Dream-Weaver, a goddess of the night, moon, and dreams, who often manifests or is depicted as a unicorn.

This would also be good as a generic unicorn. The prompt kind of wrecked the moon. (Also, no moon on the unicorn's rump.)

the dream weaver.jpeg

pukunui

Legend
One thing about this version of the tool that I don't think i have mentioned: you can actually give it pretty clear instructions and it tries. A year ago, Midjourney could not follow directions at all and was essentially useless for anything involving more than one character. I have not used midjourney recently. I don't know if it is any better.
I attended a workshop on using AI in the creative industry in late June. At that time, the facilitators were of the opinion that Midjourney was the best image generator. They rated DALL-E pretty far down, but that was before this version became available.

I wonder: Is it "bare feet" or just the word "bare" that's causing the issue?
Good point! I might try just "feet" next time.

Those Goliaths upthread are instead, to me, really great images of how I envision Frost Giants. :)
Yeah, apparently "tall" means "giant sized". There were a few I didn't post where it was obvious they were massively big, not just say an 8-foot tall human.

As an aside: I never noticed how many monsters in the MM do not have actual descriptions of what they look like and instead rely on the art piece. Huh.
Those are impressive, the beholder especially! As for the lack of physical description, I think that's mostly a 5e thing. I feel like previous editions included a description you could read out to your players.

There is an answer, but you won't like it.
How do you know? ;)

It is apparently one of the more common uncommon fixations?
Yeah, I'm aware of foot fetishes and such, but I didn't think that would automatically be equated with pr0n.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Photlus, the One True God of the D&D multiverse:

First attempt just using the old school Greyhawk description:

_a66d7e92-a346-43e9-a1a0-0a579ceba4c5.jpeg
_0b42e9e6-4fa2-4a20-858f-f57a03e93d42.jpeg
_9e92ff69-e8ef-4aba-801d-694f875f701d.jpeg
_cd28fe34-45c1-44a1-b645-fb5bae44afc3.jpeg

crowd of diverse brahman offers puja with a congregstion of worshipeprs to an altar with a giant idol of Pholtus framed by a stained-glass window of the Sun. Pholtus is a tall, slender man with pale skin, flowing white hair and bright blue eyes burning with the fires of devotion. He always wears a silky white gown and a cassock trimmed with gold and silver, embroidered with suns and moons. Interior of a sunlit cathedral. high quality digital painting

_fcbc8b44-ee92-45de-aa83-6cb24c0cb82d.jpeg
_68c12415-e535-485a-ab7d-2547071290c1.jpeg
_a6447d58-865e-472b-864a-72405a14ead6.jpeg
_a539d7f3-3529-4dc3-8a9c-fd6db1fa320e.jpeg

mamba

Legend
male human, middle aged, long white hair, slight yellow skin, vertical pupils, red hooded robes, holding a staff, standing at a iron wrought gate, black tower in the back, high detail digital painting

1696475600915.png

1696475613073.png

the others looked like this

1696475655899.png

somehow adding 'clean shaven' made all four have beards...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads