• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC D&D teasing entry into Dead by Daylight

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
What is dead by Daylight?
From Wiki

Dead by Daylight is an online asymmetric multiplayer survival horror video game developed and published by Canadian studio Behaviour Interactive. It is a one-versus-four game in which one player takes on the role of a Killer and the other four play as Survivors;[a] the Killer must hunt and impale each Survivor on sacrificial hooks to appease a malevolent force known as the Entity, while the Survivors have to avoid being caught and power up the exit gates by working together to fix five generators.

From Wiki

Dead by Daylight is an online asymmetric multiplayer survival horror video game developed and published by Canadian studio Behaviour Interactive. It is a one-versus-four game in which one player takes on the role of a Killer and the other four play as Survivors;[a] the Killer must hunt and impale each Survivor on sacrificial hooks to appease a malevolent force known as the Entity, while the Survivors have to avoid being caught and power up the exit gates by working together to fix five generators.

Thanks

It's an asymmetrical pvp game where one player plays a serial killer and the rest victims who are Trying to outwit them. It's famous for having every slasher movie icon of the past 50 years in it, either directly or spiritually.

My guess is Venca is coming as a killer.
I am pretty sure a beholder is coming

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Someone at WotC has a kid who loves Fortnite, obviously. Licensing D&D material to existing games is a lot cheaper than developing a successful videogame themselves, so I can see the appeal.

I think the Minecraft collaboration made more sense -- and is more likely to develop new D&D players over the long term -- but I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of these going forward.

A D&D pack for the Sims would probably be very popular and fun. Lord knows all you murderhobos are just peeing wherever you want in the dungeons as-is.

Remove ads