• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General D&D Beyond change - can't see list of books you've bought

Clint_L

Legend
I had thought that I might have bought Tome of Beasts twice, because I had thought that I bought it back when it first dropped on Beyond, but it didn't say that I owned it when I went to buy Flee Mortals the other day, so I tried to buy it again (turns out that I was right that I had bought it earlier!) But it looks like it might have dropped off the order, and they only charged me for Flee Mortals.
Yeah, I checked and you can put anything you want in your shopping cart, but I don't think you can repurchase the same digital book for yourself on the same account.

If there was a glitch that let you do it, I'm pretty sure they'd offer a refund. But I doubt it's a thing.

So really, this thread should be titled: No change: DnDBeyond could still do a better job of showing you which books you already own.

But that would be a lot less incendiary.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
It definitely could do better at filtering, not just which you own in the source books, but also when looking at options in the lists and encounter builders. I definitely don't need to see monsters from products I don't own when throwing together an encounter and the current method of choosing every single item you own has become quite cumbersome.

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
It definitely could do better at filtering, not just which you own in the source books, but also when looking at options in the lists and encounter builders. I definitely don't need to see monsters from products I don't own when throwing together an encounter and the current method of choosing every single item you own has become quite cumbersome.
Yeah that's one of the things that really irritated me about DDB- I search for Mind Flayer and the second result happens to be something I don't own.

I search for Hill Giant and the second result, again, happens to be something I don't own.

I bought everything up til after Spelljammer- there are a number of variant hill giants and mind flayers I have... It's showing me the ones I don't own first. Is that coincidence or intent?
I'd love to know if it's just paranoia.

1000014079.png
1000014080.png

Clint_L

Legend
This doesn’t bother me so much because it is really easy to exclude books you don’t own from, say, the monster search tool. However, I don’t, because I like seeing what options I am missing out on; if a particular book keeps grabbing my attention I might buy it.

But the filtering and search features on DDB could just generally use improvement.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I own all the books, but I'd be happy with a toggle to exclude Legacy content from showing up - I much prefer newer versions of monsters and races.

Remove ads