• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Basic Rules Website - A Handy Browseable Resource!

A decade ago, we had online System Reference Documents. Paizo has its online Pathfinder Reference Document. And now there's the brand new official D&D Basic Rules website! That's right - the 5th Edition basic rules online for free in an easily navigable web format. (Thanks to Jester Canuck for spotting it!) That's not the PDF you already have - it's browseable online resource.

A decade ago, we had online System Reference Documents. Paizo has its online Pathfinder Reference Document. And now there's the brand new official D&D Basic Rules website! That's right - the 5th Edition basic rules online for free in an easily navigable web format. (Thanks to Jester Canuck for spotting it!) That's not the PDF you already have - it's browseable online resource.

I don't know how long it's been there; I assume it's brand new. You can find it right here! And it's a marvellous thing, indeed! It even appears to have a nifty mobile device format, making the D&D rules accessible at a moment's notice just like we've become accustomed to with other games.

(This post originally by Jester Canuck; promoted to article and edited by Morrus).

aramis erak

Legend
Last edited by a moderator:

This is awesome! I'm assuming it just happened, and WotC will release a news announcement soon. How did you find it, Jester?
As mentioned above by [MENTION=6779310]aramis erak[/MENTION] it's on the main website, so it's easily found.

WotC just hasn't promoted its existence (yet), which surprised me. Given the date on the page I assumed I just missed the announcement.
I guess the web team is faster than the rest of the team expected.

(And a big "thanks" to @Morrus for editing my post and making me look good. Had I thought it'd make the front page I'd have tried to be more eloquent.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Paraxis

Explorer
It's cool and all but I wish it was set up different, more like the hypertext 3rd edition srd or the pathfinder one. The scrolling is just annoying to me.

But hopefully this is the next step in some form of at least a limited OGL.

Henry

Autoexreginated
To me it's actually less useful than the PDF, but if it's useful to the majority of online-preferred gamers, that's great!

Now for being able to buy the PHB as online in a friendly format... Unlikely I know but I'm still hopeful.

I'm using my iPhone 5S to explore this page, and I've gotta say, it looks (and works) beautiful(ly) on mobile. Basic Rules on my phone for free? Yes, please.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Nice. Very positive step. Now please announce your OGL alternative and Dungeon/Dragon print magazines, and I'll die a happy gamer.

/toomuchgoodstuffragequit

Remove ads

Remove ads