• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Counters .pdf file sizing help

AstroCat

Adventurer
Ok, I bought Counter Collection Gold and the Summoned creatures #5.

When I open them in Adobe Reader and set it to actual size they are not the correct size? How do I fix this?
Although they do print correctly, well not exactly perfect but it seems close.

What is the best way to get them to the correct size in Photoshop or Word so that I can print only select counters?

Was it not smart to by the .pdf collections, should I have ordered the CD?

Also, should I print them on cardstock, or what is the recommended way?

Thanks a ton for the help!

smootrk

First Post
If you had access to adobe illustrator, you could open the appropriate page with illustrator, and resize very precisely. If you don't have illustrator already, it is a rather pricey way to deal with the problem, however I am sure that other graphics programs might be able to improvise the process in some fashion.

AstroCat

Adventurer
Well, after some more experimenting it seems if I open the .pdf in Photoshop I have some better options. I'll play in there a bit. If anyone has a .psd template already that would be cool. :)

Also, it would be good if you could export the pictures from the .pdf directly to .jpgs like you can with some .pdfs but it doesn't seem to work with these. Although, I can open them as pages or individual pictures in photoshop and then I can resave them as .jpgs. Kind of a pain, is there an easier way to work with these counter .pdfs?

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Do you have Microsoft Office? I do all my resizing in Powerpoint or Word, and it's a snap. I copy in the picture, right-click, and adjust the size in inches. Pretty fast and easy.

AstroCat

Adventurer
Yeah, I have office. Word is installed and I have Photoshop. What do you recommend I do to get the images out of the .pdf file and broken up.
The easiest so far seems to open them individually in Photoshop and resave as .jpg's.
Is there a better way?

Thanks!

countgray

First Post
There are a couple of ways to do this. I thought Counter Collection Gold had folders with all the jpg files in them? If it does, then from MS Word on the menu you go to "insert" "picture" from "file" and then browse the disk to select the picture you want and just insert it into your word document.

If you are copying from a pdf document, use the graphic selector tool to select a square then copy it by right-clicking and selcting copy or you can also hit ctrl+C to copy the selected square.

Then you paste it into your word document by pointing, right clicking and selecting paste. Or you can probably just hit ctrl+v.

Once the image is pasted in your word document, just right click on the picture and select format picture. Click the size tab and type in the number of inches for either height or width. You don't need to do both, because one will scale to the other.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads