• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Could you recommend - third party - long adventures (or adventure paths) for D&D or Pathfinder?

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
First, I will give a big thumbs up to War of the Burning Sky. I ran it back during the 4E days, but I really like the underlying plot and premise of the adventure. My players had a great time and the game only stopped due to the group breaking due to moves from players.

Outside of that, it looks like the 5E version of Abomination Vaults is finally coming out. I am running this right now for Pathfinder and it is a blast. It is a mega dungeon, but also small enough and with enough interaction with the town above to be interesting. I haven't seen the 5E translation, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work for 5E.

Those are two suggestions that are very different but I think both will be excellent.

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer
I like Frog god games' products.
In particular I am currently running a mega campaign with Crucible of Freya (starting adventure)+ Tomb of Abysthor (good megadungeon), Rappan Athuk (one of the best megadungeons), and the frame for the campaign is provided by Sword of Air (fantastic hexcrawl/open world).

I've also played City of Brass; the first part of the campaign isn't very good IMO, but once the PCs arrive in the City of Brass environment, it's one of the best high-level campaigns I know of.

I also suggest a product for 13th Age: Eyes of the Stone Thief is one of the best megadungeons out there.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I like Frog god games' products.
In particular I am currently running a mega campaign with Crucible of Freya (starting adventure)+ Tomb of Abysthor (good megadungeon), Rappan Athuk (one of the best megadungeons), and the frame for the campaign is provided by Sword of Air (fantastic hexcrawl/open world).

I've also played City of Brass; the first part of the campaign isn't very good IMO, but once the PCs arrive in the City of Brass environment, it's one of the best high-level campaigns I know of.

I also suggest a product for 13th Age: Eyes of the Stone Thief is one of the best megadungeons out there.
I'm hoping to run eyes of the stone thief next year

I've used part of City of Brass from Frog God and thought it was pretty good. It's not heavily detailed. i.e. it doesn't have every encounter that the DM will need for a full 1-20 campaign. But it has a ton of information and useable "stuff". IMO it shines for high level and high magic play. That's what we used it for. But it does have story line for a low level party to get on the path to the high level stuff.

Tormyr

Hero
I would also give a big thumbs up for War of the Burning Sky and Zeitgeist. Both go level 3-20 (both campaigns assume accomplished professionals answer the call). Both give ample opportunity for combat and roleplay, with a bit of exploration. Both have quite a bit for the DM to track (Zeitgeist much more so than WotBS).

War of the Burning Sky asks "what does war look like in an age of magical superweapons?" Its adventures are spread out all over the lands, allowing for failure in a particular mission while continuing the campaign as a whole. In the end, the success and failures dictate how difficult the final battle is. It also adds a novel way of handling battles. Rather than switching to a different system or mini game, it focuses on how the intervention of the PCs directly affects the outcome of the conflict.

Zeitgeist: The Gears of Revolution is a "steam and steel" adventure path. Part traditional fantasy adventure and part steampunk, Zeitgeist brings together a deep story, engaging NPCs, and so many opportunities to integrate your PCs into the campaign.

Another campaign that I ran and enjoyed was Age of Worms. I did a loose 5e conversion of it. Age of Worms Adventure Path

Age of Worms is a fairly "traditional" adventure path in terms of scope and story, and it was one of the first long-form level 1-20 adventure paths from Paizo. It also has what I think is one of the best intro adventures ever. The PCs will encounter just about every creature type along their journey with a suitable set of big bad guys at the end.

Remove ads