• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Binder question for DM less familiar with 3e?

Quickleaf

Legend
While I mostly run 5e, I'm constantly going back to all the past editions that I've run for inspiration. Trying to absorb the material on the Binder class from the Tome of Magic has left me a bit bewildered. I get the basics – you make a pact with a vestige and you get its powers. But there's so many vestiges. Is there any kind of one-pager breakdown of this material or anyone familiar with the Binder who could help me with a question or two?

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
Well you see, a binder is a garment worn by a female-bodied person to

The Tome of Magic Binder was one of my favorite classes from the 3.5 era, right next to the Swordsage from Book of Nine Swords and the Totemist from Magic of Incarnum. They were really doing a lot of interesting things with class design towards the tail end of the 3.5 era.

The flavour of that class and the stories behind the various vestiges were amazing. It's been years since I had access to the books though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads