• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Dragon Magazine Issue Evar

shadzar

Banned
Banned

Why?

Because it has the best snit you will ever find and give you back that spark of life that makes you want to runnungitm rather than sit on your fat bolotomus.

Aeolius

Adventurer
#125 - "Ecology of the Greenhag" by Nigel Findley

Thinking of hags in terms of night hags begetting greenhags begetting annis hags shaped all of my online games, since my "Into the Land of Black Ice" game back in 1995. I've added a few branches to the Night Hag Family Tree, since then, of course. ;)

kitsune9

Adventurer
#90. It's the very first rpg anything that I got before I got my D&D Basic set for Christmas.

Ahhh....Memory Lane.....

Zil

Explorer
Name it and why.

If I had to choose one, issue #81. We got a lot of use out of the poison article over the years in our AD&D games.

Other magazines that were close, anything that had a Tom Wham game in it! (especially issues #49 Quest for the Emperor's Treasure, #64 Planet Busters, and #77 King of the Tabletop )

Last edited:

JohnnFour

Explorer
Going from memory here, but Best of Dragon II (blue cover, right?). NPC classes and good GM advice.

Runner up: 80/81. Fuzzy on the issue #s, but they had a two part series on the Politics of Hell. Those articles sold me on every D&D devil book since.

#200. An actual drow with actual dark grey skin on the cover (way too often back then, artists drew them with brown or solid black or -- in the case of the Drizzt novels -- as old white guys). And a hologram of a dragon.

An article on reskinning spells with new aesthetics.

Hm, that's all I recall. But I know there was other cool stuff.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads