• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Banewarrens 5e is here!

Monte Cook Publishing has updated the classic adventure, The Banewarrens, for 5e!

This adventure takes you into the depths of Ptolus, debatably the most detailed city setting in existance, and let’s you and your players discover some of the settings secrets while navigating through terrifying traps and unique monsters/villains.

The set up of the adventure is fantastic, being presented not only as an awesome dungeon crawl but also giving various scenarios as to how to use the material in conjunction with a overall story plot.

You can find the update at the link below.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Tempting for sure.....anyone have this for 5e and want to comment on it? (I am 90% sure I have the old version in PDF on a backup someplace.....).

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Caved and bought it.....not many new monster statblocks (like, 4?), but plenty of other interesting 5e things. I'll post more after I get a good look at it. First impression? If you have the old version, you might not need this one.....

It looks like an awful lot of the 5e rules content is in the Ptolus 5e book (magic items, people, likely creatures?)....so, ya, not thrilled I bought this.....

Caved and bought it.....not many new monster statblocks (like, 4?), but plenty of other interesting 5e things. I'll post more after I get a good look at it. First impression? If you have the old version, you might not need this one.....

It looks like an awful lot of the 5e rules content is in the Ptolus 5e book (magic items, people, likely creatures?)....so, ya, not thrilled I bought this.....
Well dang sorry dude. I don’t own a copy of the original myself so this was a must have for me

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Not a huge loss....If the 5e rules referenced in Ptolus (I have the old version, I couldn't justify buying the new one) were in there, it would be worth buying for sure (if you like this kind of adventure). (See added last sentence)

No new art in the art appendix.....

Comparing the two, I have no idea why anyone that has the original should buy this.....

Last edited:

Remove ads