• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Autism as a flaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeviat

Hero
I wouldn't build it as a flaw. I'd play it as a way of roleplaying certain ability scores. In your other thread, you said you're on the spectrum yourself, so I'd read over the mental ability scores and decide how to represent what you see as aspects of being on the spectrum means to you.

I have friends on the spectrum, but I'm not myself, so I wouldn't want to make insensitive assumptions.

What do you see as the differences between an autistic person and a neurotypical person?

abe ray

Explorer
A sort of facial illiteracy that makes it hard to read emotions? Bluntness? other than that I’m not really sure.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, I understand that you have Asperger syndrome from your post in another thread, so I know this is coming from a good place. But I’m not comfortable with the idea of people in general who don’t have similar conditions discussion autism as a ‘flaw’. I’m going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads