• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assorted d20 Questions

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
As the owner of just the three core books and a couple of the class books (Sword and Fist, Tome and Blood), can anyone tell me if WotC or another d20 company has published something like a Noble class for the game?

Anyone have a home-brewed Noble class?

What are some of the other classes available out there? I don't have the funds or the inclination to buy every d20 book that comes out; is there an index somewhere of the classes, etc. that have been created?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Right now I know Necromancer is a core class for Green Ronin along with Assasin, Shaman and Witch. These are all done by Green Ronin. Death knight also is a core class as well and is in the same book as Necromancer.

I don't know about "noble". Closest that comes to that is aristocract and that's a NPC core class.

Gargoyle

Adventurer
If you're interested in prestige classes, the official list is at:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/pclass.asp

I don't know of any list for non-WOTC publishers, perhaps someone else is maintaining one.

I'm not sure of any "noble" prestige classes, though the warmaster from Sword and Fist is described that way. (And obviously isn't what you're looking for since you own it.)

As stated above, the aristocrat is an NPC class, probably because in D&D archetypical nobles are usually NPCs. A PC could take a few levels and not be watered down too much, if you're focused on roleplaying. I think some folks have begun to use the Noble class in Star Wars as a PC class in D&D.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Tsyr

Explorer
Nightfall said:
That was my thought too Buttercup. Nothing wrong with it as far as I can see.

Well, most of the published _PC_ classes give extra bonuses to make it more than basicly a nerfed rogue. Some versions have things like "Favors", some have things like extra funds ever level, etc etc.

Personaly, I like the Courtier class from Rokugan for nobels...

Remove ads