• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Aspurgers/autism effects?

nevin

Hero
It's just like any other person. Some you'll barely notice thier traits some will have very strong traits. Are all non Aspergers players fun at a table?

nevin

Hero
I remember reading something once that said that the big difference between People High up the scale (sorry I forget the term) who generally end up being engineer/math/computer types and Aspergers was that the engineer type group tended to be viewed as jerks and people with Aspergers tended to be viewed as fun if a bit weird.

To them: I've said something rude or condescending, or perhaps the tone of my voice made me sound mad or like I'm implying something.

To me: People just randomly get mad and punish or ostracized you. You believe them because it happens so often it must be your fault. Sometimes they explain the reason why, and it makes sense on an intellectual level, but unless you monitor yourself like a hawk it happens again.

Last edited:

Faolyn

(she/her)
To them: I've said something rude or condescending, or perhaps the tone of my voice made me sound mad or like I'm implying something.

To me: People just randomly get mad and punish or ostracized you. You believe them because it happens so often it must be your fault. Sometimes they explain the reason why, and it makes sense on an intellectual level, but unless you monitor yourself like a hawk it happens again.
Well, you just neatly summed up about two-thirds of my social anxiety and paranoia in one post.

nevin

Hero
yeah my wife is from a very quiet non confrontational family and it was a big adjustment for her to understand he was not going to ignore it when she contradicted her own rules or wanted to argue from an emotional place but didn't state her facts correctly. He is better as an adult but his internal volume monitor doesn't work well. he'll get really loud sometimes and people will think he's mad but it's just the more he get's into what he's talking about and the more engaged he gets the louder he gets.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads