• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Are Spell points and Sorcery points interchangeable?

Verall

Villager
I’m fairly certain the two are entirely seperate and not interchangeable, however they function the same with the exception of metamagic.
I just wanted to see what the community knows in case I’ve missed a rules interaction somewhere.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Nope!

Warlocks don't have spell slots that can be converted into Sorcery Points in A5e. It's a really simple fix for the brutally OP Sorlock from 5e while also giving Warlocks a little room to cast more spells.

Verall

Villager
Nope!

Warlocks don't have spell slots that can be converted into Sorcery Points in A5e. It's a really simple fix for the brutally OP Sorlock from 5e while also giving Warlocks a little room to cast more spells.
Thankyou for the insight!

In my research for my character build I noticed that you are the creator of the Eldritch Gunslinger, what other content have you created for the system?

Steampunkette

Supporter
Thankyou for the insight!

In my research for my character build I noticed that you are the creator of the Eldritch Gunslinger, what other content have you created for the system?

Well... I created the Arcane Knight and Eldritch Blackguard combat traditions, there's the Zevites, the "Living at the Edge of Night" article with backgrounds and destiny, the Zephyr's Complement which you noted, the follow up of The Zephyr's Legacy: An Airship and her Crew, Streamlining your Dungeons: Delving Activities, I also created some monsters for the Monstrous Menagerie 2, added some backgrounds and other material for the Voidrunner's Codex, and wrote 1/3rd of the Escape from Death Planet adventure packaged with the VRC. I also helpted to write the Vault of Shattered Souls for EN5ider.

And then there's my third party work, mostly with Purple Martin Games. Together we wrote the Spells from the Forgotten Vault, System Architecture: Motif Classes, and I contributed to Manual of Adventurous Resources: Complete.

And I also wrote the book Paranormal Power: A Psionics Option for 5e and A5e which added a new class, heritage, psionic heritage traits and gifts for the core heritages, new spells, new monsters, and a new Martial Tradition.

Verall

Villager
Well... I created the Arcane Knight and Eldritch Blackguard combat traditions, there's the Zevites, the "Living at the Edge of Night" article with backgrounds and destiny, the Zephyr's Complement which you noted, the follow up of The Zephyr's Legacy: An Airship and her Crew, Streamlining your Dungeons: Delving Activities, I also created some monsters for the Monstrous Menagerie 2, added some backgrounds and other material for the Voidrunner's Codex, and wrote 1/3rd of the Escape from Death Planet adventure packaged with the VRC. I also helpted to write the Vault of Shattered Souls for EN5ider.

And then there's my third party work, mostly with Purple Martin Games. Together we wrote the Spells from the Forgotten Vault, System Architecture: Motif Classes, and I contributed to Manual of Adventurous Resources: Complete.

And I also wrote the book Paranormal Power: A Psionics Option for 5e and A5e which added a new class, heritage, psionic heritage traits and gifts for the core heritages, new spells, new monsters, and a new Martial Tradition.
I’d be very interested to hear your design goals for the eldritch gunslinger?
At first glance it seems made for pact if the blade, but at closer examination there’s some overlap between the two, any particular reason for that?

Steampunkette

Supporter
I’d be very interested to hear your design goals for the eldritch gunslinger?
At first glance it seems made for pact if the blade, but at closer examination there’s some overlap between the two, any particular reason for that?
Hellboy. The goal was to do a Hellboy style concept.

A warlock who uses some magical spells largely out of combat and favors a revolver in combat, eventually gaining the ability to avoid a creature's resistances through the use of elemental ammunition in the same way Hellboy might load his weapon with various holy relics.

Part of the Alternative Pact function was to allow you to "Never run out of Ammo" by channeling your Eldritch Ray through your revolver as you would a wand or other ranged weapon, however editing is something that has to be done and it now only functions that way once enchanted. It also ensures that even in a game where Magic Revolvers didn't drop all that often you would always be able to upgrade your Revolver by sacrificing a +1 Dagger or something similar.

Remove ads