• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Andy Collins

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Collins began working at [wiki]Wizards of the Coast[/wiki]
in April 1996, and after working for a time for Wizards' Organized Play division, he moved to the R&D division and worked as both an editor and designer.<ref name="Dragon #272"> His first project was a new science-fiction game line, [wiki]Alternity[/wiki]
, for which he worked on a number of products, notably the [wiki]Dark•Matter[/wiki]
campaign setting. After Wizards cancelled the Alternity game, Collins was one of the people working on Wizards of the Coast's new [wiki]Star Wars Roleplaying Game[/wiki]
. While working on that game, Collins commented "It's been interesting working with [wiki]Bill[/wiki]
[Slavicsek]. I know all the movies, and I've read several of the books, but he pretty much knows everything about Star Wars – all the books, all the movies, all the comics, all the source material. Everything."<ref name="Dragon #272"> As a long-time gamer and Star Wars fan working on a Star Wars RPG, Collins summed up his feelings: "I could paraphrase Lou Gehrig. 'I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth to be working in this industry with as many great people as I have around me.' I sometimes still have to pinch myself when I'm walking down the hall."
<ref name="Dragon #272">
Andy Collins was also the author of the Sage Advice column in [wiki]Dragon[/wiki]
, and later Sage Advice Online at [wiki]Wizards of the Coast's[/wiki]
website. Collins was a part of the revision team for Dungeons & Dragons version 3.5, and was one of the authors of the Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition [wiki]Player's Handbook[/wiki]
.</ref></ref></ref>

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads