• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

And Now a Quick Word from a Shattered Bronze Golem. . .

Shimrath

Explorer
One of the characters in my group is a psion. When the heavy, magic emanating skull of the bronze golem was examined (Digging for Lies), the psion immediately decided to target it with a Sending ritual to see if anybody was home.

[sblock]The adventure states that Grappa's consciousness has merged with that of the golem, and that his memories would be confused, so. . .[/sblock]
I was thinking of having a confused response of 25 words that don't really make much sense. It establishes that somebody is indeed home, but maybe only a few keywords relate to any actual memories.

So, contest time! What 25 words would the Bronze Golem send back to the psion?

Winner receives their very own Versatron Series F Bronze Golem, to be supplied by EN World*.

GO!

*Shimrath has no authority to promise any such prize.

"Gods, now I'm hearing voices. Gibberish, at that. Dead, stuck in my golem's head, and hearing voices. I've finally gone mad. No, no, focus inward."

Which actually comes back as:

"Gods, voices. Gibberish. Dead. No. I've now at, stuck, and hearing finally no. I'm golem's gone inward. Mad my voices in hearing that, focus head."

If the PC keeps trying:

"Wait, is that actual communication? Of course, my mind is fractured, parsing like torn pages. You must repair the head! You must repair the head!"

Which comes back as:

"Head is actual of course! Fractured parsing pages you must! Wait, head. That mind repair. Repair. Communication my. You must the torn is like the."

After that Grappa's mind wearies and starts to fade out, since the toll to maintaining his consciousness is high. He starts reciting a mantra, something like:

"Shh, I am Alexander Grappa. Grappa shh am I Alexander. Am Alexander shh Grappa I. I Grappa Alexander am shh. Alexander shh I Grappa am."

Remove ads