• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

All Together Now - Call for Submissions?

Incenjucar

Legend
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (All Together Now)

Interesting article. I'm very glad that WotC is at least continuing to own up to their problems - it's a good sign for the future of the game that they're still very aware of things being out of whack.

The reminder about submissions is especially interesting. It makes me think that they may not have been getting as many proposals this year - I know all the chaos has been making me wary of bothering. Probably a good time for people to spruce up and resubmit old ideas and come up with some new ones.

the Jester

Legend
The reminder about submissions is especially interesting. It makes me think that they may not have been getting as many proposals this year - I know all the chaos has been making me wary of bothering. Probably a good time for people to spruce up and resubmit old ideas and come up with some new ones.

Their policy of "send no reply or feedback" is kind of discouraging. Maybe if they changed it, people who sent two or three submissions might try a fourth.

DireWereTeddy

First Post
They've mentioned the submissions before too, earlier in the year, though I can't recall precisely when. They've also previously mentioned that the magazine content will be going through R&D instead of a separate pipeline. I've never submitted anything before, but maybe I'll see what I can put together.

However, I did find the comment about there no longer being a distinction between 'magazine staff' and 'R&D staff' interesting. It makes me wonder what's going to happen to the magazine staff. Are they going to be folded into R&D, kept as magazine staff with less design oversight/work on their plates, or something else?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
If you look at who has been doing the articles for a long time now, they have mostly come from the same people who work on the games, both WotC staff and freelancers. I don't think there has ever been much of a magazine "staff", which may be part of the problem...

I read this as saying that DDI is becoming the main way things are published for the game. Of course, this implies some wave of stuff should be coming. I guess we will see if that happens.

Kinneus

Explorer
This is encouraging to me. I have a BA in Creative Writing, but somehow it never occurred to me to try and submit anything for publication to Dungeon and Dragon until just now. It'd look great on a resume...

Anybody have any advice? (Might start a separate thread for this...)

Remove ads