• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDAL AL starting gold

TrueBagelMan

Explorer
What I was going to do was have my DS sorcerer have his holy symbol on one of his gloves or has it on his coat. Now I know I don’t need it and it doesn’t benefit me, I can leave my gold in extra rations.

If the spell description doesn't specify a gp value for the holy symbol, then it can be replaced with a spellcasting focus, just like any other material component. Which, for a Divine Soul, would be an arcane focus.
Yes, as I said. But I would not count on every single AL DM ruling that way, so having an actual Holy Symbol in reserve would be a good idea, but probably not a priority for a 1st level divine soul :)

tommybahama

Adventurer
What I was going to do was have my DS sorcerer have his holy symbol on one of his gloves or has it on his coat. Now I know I don’t need it and it doesn’t benefit me, I can leave my gold in extra rations.

If you ever come across an adventure where you have an opportunity to buy special rations or environmental gear, it's a joke for the DMs benefit.

Remove ads