• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)

twilsemail

First Post
Gren takes a few moments to just breathe, and then check his ribs and some other important bits. As he does so, he eyes the limping figure and trys to read what he wants. Suspicion is written plainly across his face.

OOC: If the opportunity presents itself, I'd like to sit idle for 4 turns and regain the last of my hp through regen

[sblock=THB]Was the ASL in any way notably female? Form, voice, anything?

Did it match the description of the demon I was told to expect inside?[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: You can sit around and regen, but it's not quite short rest time yet.

The man looks earnestly confused, like he's in shock. He also looks harmless. In fact, you doubt he could have proven much of a threat to you even before his apparent abuse at the hands of the gnolls.

[sblock=Gren]The Slaughter-Lord was female, but you don't think she was the succubus. Even though succubi can change their shape, they are typically the same size as humans. Your own experience with such matters tells you it would be very difficult to increase one's body mass to this degree.[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=ooc]He's also accutely aware of what happens when a shapeshifter dies... :D

I'd completely forgotten that Gren actually knew it was a succubus.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek, once nothing is attacking, shrinks back to his normal self. Talkly talky people would talk. Instead, he waddled over to the slaughter lord, constructs following, poking it a few times, all the time muttering about arcano-technological improvements to the "accruements" in the room.
OOC: Tondrek doesn't talk if others talk.

twilsemail

First Post
"No dream. It's real. We need to kill ter demon lady. You know where she is?" Gren looks as if he's ready to drag the information out of the man. Diplomacy is apparently not his strong suit.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Something happens when Gren mentions "the demon lady". You feel more than hear a low sound from the corridor opposite the one you entered this room from. It is awfully reminiscent of a heartbeat. There is a rush of air from the same corridor, and the man collapses as it washes over you all. An instant later he rises from the ground. The motion could not be more different from when he did the same action just moments before. Before his movements were slow and pained. Now he rises with the grace of a dancer, his injuries ignored or forgotten. He looks at all of you and smiles charmingly.

"Ah, that would be me." Even his voice has changed, now soft and light. "Well, if I am whom you seek, I will oblige. Know that I wish you no violence, and that I hope a peaceful resolution will be possible. Follow this body," he gestures at himself, "and it will take you to me." The man then notices Venakhad tending to the wounded. He looks, if anything, a little embarrassed, "Oh, of course, whenever you're ready. I wouldn't want you to feel rushed."

The man, or rather, the speaker, is almost painfully earnest. That doesn't change the whole experience from being rather creepy.

ooc: Ok, now you can take a short rest, or multiple short rests, if you'd like.

twilsemail

First Post
Gren manages to sit still for a few minutes while the others rest, but soon begins to pace. "We should go. Who knows what it's doing up there?"

OOC: Gren'll take the first rest and then he's ready to head out. I'll pass on the second. Also, however many follow that.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek looks at the man's change with a bit of awe, then circles him as if studying something odd. He looks a Gren a moment. Demon lady? He man, not lady. Not demon. But mabbe cause of this stuff?

OOC: No surges for Tondrek.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads