• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Haltor coughs and sputters as he regains consciousness. He is immediately alert, but then calms when he sees the fight it over. As he sits up, he spies the ring the ghost dropped. Picking it up, he sees its symbol. This will be the proof we need. Now lets see to these others. Haltor attempts to see if anything of his friends survived.

OOC: Haltor K/O'd Alex, no one mentioned it on Vist, so he's prolly dead. Heal check anyway on both to figure out if they can/could have been saved:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Arcana]
The forge seems very magical, the bodies of Vistrathis and Alex as well.[/sblock]

[sblock=Heal]
Although it would take the work of a Jorasco expert (and a lot of coin) these two can likely be saved.
[/sblock]

OOC: re: Vistrathis and death, as it's a PC that I've borrowed for NPC dramatic effect I'll suggest that WD's MM was nonlethal...

FourMonos

First Post
Braddock turns and faces the forge, "Right. Well, it is an impressive bit o' machinery then, isn't it?"

He hefts his hammer, "Let's take it apart."

stonegod

Yes, let us bring this place down. But we must see if the others are here and be able to get them out. Then... boom, I believe you Talllanders say.

OOC: Searching, searching...

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: I'm fine with the MM been non-lethal :)
So, no items to be found here?
Will my resistance ignoring fire be able to damage the machines? (If not, I still can change to ice or force.)

renau1g

First Post
The party searches the area high and low, there are some additional notes from Haestus that are valuable (at least as noted by Varis and Harresh) but nothing beyond some nonmagical tools, some dried with blood.

The group pounds on the forge with their various attacks, but somehow the forge resists their attacks.

[sblock=Arcana DC 18]
You surmise that the link between Calmachia and the forge is keeping it operational, you think as long as she/it lives the forge here will stand [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos

[sblock=Arcana DC 18]
You surmise that the link between Calmachia and the forge is keeping it operational, you think as long as she/it lives the forge here will stand [/sblock]
OOC: Taking 10.

"I fear there is a connection between the forge and this dragon construct. The former will function as long as the later exists." Deimos says disappointed.
"We will need more than just us three... four (he looks at the dino) to accomplish this."

FourMonos

First Post
Winded from his efforts to destroy the forge, Braddock leans heavily on his craghammer.

"Ye think we should check to see if Gark and the Lady are okay?"

stonegod

Yes... and maybe find a way to destroy access to this room, at least. Perhaps those other machines—he points to the ones that healed them earlier—Could be used for that purpose.

renau1g

First Post
In the other room you see Gark lying unconscious on the ground, various bite marks on his body and a few slashes from a blade are visible. He's breathing, but barely. Jelia is nowhere to be seen.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads