• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
~ The End ~

This concludes "The Burning Tower." I intend to open a new thread for "The Faerie Woods" shortly (perhaps tomorrow.) That thread will start out with a visit to the victim of the theft. Hope to see you all there!

One last teaser: Upon reporting to the city guard to collect your reward, you overhear a conversation amongst some of the guards. They are apparently engaged in a murder investigation. Apparently, on each of the last two nights, a poor citizen of Orussus has been hacked to death in the city streets. The randomness of the murders has the guard concerned, and they appear to have no leads, witnesses, or suspects. When the guards realize they are being overheard, the refuse to discuss the matter any further.

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: Patlin, one last question. I assume the magic weapon is +1? And that I have my pick of weapons? In other words, may I record a +1 small greatsword on Gorefoot's character sheet?

Patlin

Explorer
IcyCool said:
OOC: Patlin, one last question. I assume the magic weapon is +1? And that I have my pick of weapons? In other words, may I record a +1 small greatsword on Gorefoot's character sheet?

Good point, that requires slight explanation: You need to tell Rilithorne what you want now, and he will send the request ahead. However, you will actually recieve the magic weapons after a bit of travelling. How about noting that you are owed a +1 Small Greatsword on your character sheet for now, and you can update it further once you actually recieve it.

What's the second weapon going to be?

nimisgod

LEW Judge
ooc: I'll definitely participate in the "Faerie Woods" if you'll have me.

ooc2: If this is an outdoor adventure, can I take my Warpony "Courage" with me? Or will that screw with our exp and the encounter levels?

If it's been decided that Ishmael will take the other magick weapon, the 2-foot tall halfling will thank the party for their kindness and ask Rilthorne for a small glaive. He had considered getting Violet magicked, but decided that he didn't want to be away from the warsledge for very long.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Fant gives the wizard a nod- more of a bow from the neck- when introduced, but otherwise remains silent for a while. This, she thinks, has gone decidedly well, considering my previous expierences with wizards. "I thank you for your generosity, Rilthorne, but I am afraid I wish to remain in the city. As for recompense, I forgo my claim on the swords, since I will not be heading that way. I will settle for whatever sum of gold comes my way." She waits to say farewell until later.

ooc: Gorefoot and Ishmael are covered, treasure-wise, if they get the weapons, and Persephone likewise if she gets the scrolls. This is more than anyone else, but there's no graceful way to divide those, since they're the big ticket items. If any of them can pay money back in to the pool to balance it out, fine; Fant won't quibble, as they've done more than their share. That leaves 2 potions and 596 gp between 4 people, which devides relatively evenly into 300 gp portions of 300 coins or 1 potion. As expressed, Fant would prefer gold.

Zweischneid

First Post
Not to throw another monkey wrench in the spoils division, but Nars has a potion of blur...

Thats been accounted for..

Potion of Blur...............150 gp (sale value)
Potion of Fox Cunning....150 gp (sale value)
MW Halbeard...............155 gp (sale value)
Cash Loot...................596, 3 gp
-----------------------------
Total.........................1051,3 gp / 4 = 262,825 gp

Arbitrary rounding up the fraction of coppers, it would yield 262 gp, 8 sp and 3 cp for each of the remaining four (Nars, Fant, Rodimus & Morulas)

--------------------------

If someone would want to keep a potion instead as their reward (I think noone wanted to, just putting up the math so noone refuses one merely because they are afraid of the hassle) it would be:

Potion of Fox Cunning....150 gp (sale value)
MW Halbeard...............155 gp (sale value)
Cash Loot...................596, 3 gp
-----------------------------
Total.........................901,3 gp / 3 = 300,43333 gp

Once more arbitrary rounding up the fraction of coppers (Think I'm greedy? :eek: ), it would yield 300 gp, 4 sp and 4 cp for each of the remaining three who didn't grap a potion.

Pls correct me if my math is wrong.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
nimisgod said:
ooc: I'll definitely participate in the "Faerie Woods" if you'll have me.

ooc2: If this is an outdoor adventure, can I take my Warpony "Courage" with me? Or will that screw with our exp and the encounter levels?

If it's been decided that Ishmael will take the other magick weapon, the 2-foot tall halfling will thank the party for their kindness and ask Rilthorne for a small glaive. He had considered getting Violet magicked, but decided that he didn't want to be away from the warsledge for very long.

The second magic weapon will be a small Glaive +1.

Ishmael is very welcome in "Faerie Woods," and if his Warpony is so devestating that he's going to screw up my encounter levels, he absolutely must come along just to show me how this could possibly be. That'd make him quite a pony! I'm not giving a mount xp unless you're riding something more like a Dragon than a pony, btw.

Patlin

Explorer
Thomas Hobbes(Fant) said:
"I thank you for your generosity, Rilthorne, but I am afraid I wish to remain in the city. As for recompense, I forgo my claim on the swords, since I will not be heading that way."

Rilithorne thanks Lady Fant for her part in the rescue.

It was fun gaming with you, TH! Hopefully we'll see Lady Fant around again, even if not in the Faerie Woods.

Remove ads