• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OSR ACKS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocule

Explorer
The statement was explicitly about the value of having diverse voices and backgrounds in the creation of games, rather than what, historically, has been creators who have been almost universally White, straight, Christian and Midwestern. It was not about removing those voices from game design, but adding more voices to the mix.

When intentionally taken out of context by people wanting to walk viewers towards extremist views, it sure is.
Now you’re trying to be a mind reader. I watched that interview, and wotc has been very consistent in wanting to remove certain voices and replace them with new ones. So it very consistent with actions and statements from wotc in the past. It’s not out of context or misconstrued he was trying to buy brownie points for its his interviewer and even his interviewer looked at him like “what the naughty word”

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I know you want to respond, but it's not worth it. It's really not. Their first post in this thread was to call me and several other people advocating not to buy a guy's book as insane crusaders driven by political ideology while also calling the guy who called for liberal journalists to be thrown out of airplanes "a pretty cool guy". There is nothing to gain from continuing this line of discussion, particularly with this individual

CandyLaser

Adventurer
I know you want to respond, but it's not worth it. It's really not. Their first post in this thread was to call me and several other people advocating not to buy a guy's book as insane crusaders driven by political ideology while also calling the guy who called for liberal journalists to be thrown out of airplanes "a pretty cool guy". There is nothing to gain from continuing this line of discussion, particularly with this individual
First post in nine years, no less. On an unrelated note, there were reports on Reddit that the Autarch Discord have started brigading sites where people are talking about Macris's past behaviors.

Jahydin

Hero
It wasn't. The people who are pulling it out of context are intentionally making it seem like something other than it was, for the express purpose of radicalizing young people.
I think it's fair to say he misspoke by saying "people like me can't leave fast enough" rather than "we can't hire people unlike me fast enough" right?

Ocule

Explorer
First post in nine years, no less. On an unrelated note, there were reports on Reddit that the Autarch Discord have started brigading sites where people are talking about Macris's past behaviors.
Yeah someone linked the thread, and? Had an old account but you immediately dogpile onto every post in every site trying to derail announcements of a new game into a hate fest. It disgusted me enough to check if i had an account here to reply. Bet you were also brigading on Reddit huh, be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads