• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

a5e.tools A5E Character Builder Development Timeline

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We are developing a dynamic Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition character generator web app that works cooperatively with the user interface (UI), data and user accounts on the A5E.tools website. Below you will find our intended roadmap for this process. You’ll note that we have not included dates on this roadmap, as the process is an unpredictable one. However, we hope that each phase beyond Phase 1 will be accomplished in between 1-3 months. We’d like to reiterate that this is not a timeline guarantee, but we are working as hard as we can.

U7vycT0e_400x400.jpg

Novak

Explorer
Same as it said up there!

I will provide updates when there are updates, I promise. We're not in the business of hiding our marketing! :)

Why is this like pulling teeth?

I am trying to find out if you have done any single thing or made any progress at all on this pledge.

I have to assume, beyond all the flippant smiles and deflections, that you haven't.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Why is this like pulling teeth?

I am trying to find out if you have done any single thing or made any progress at all on this pledge.

I have to assume, beyond all the flippant smiles and deflections, that you haven't.
That seems unfair.

We have, but we are still in the same phase we were before. I'm really sorry, but I don't have any news to share yet. If I had, I would have. I promise.

Selganor

Adventurer
@Novak Would you rather have regular "No news this (time frame)" postings that still can't name specific times when the next step will be reached?

Me personally would like ENPublishing to ficus on things at work rather than list things that aren't there.

Software development has so many variables (pun intended) that "When it's finished" is a release date that I can accept.

Would I like to have an easy to use functioning character builder? Sure...

But the character builder is something completely different from everything else they do so even if they focus all their effort/resources to the builder i doubt that it would come out faster.

IceFrog

Villager
@Morrus You guys are coming up on the year anniversary of this post. If you don't have anything noteworthy to post now then that is what it is, but at minimum you should have something to post for this time milestone. I completely agree with using the vaguest of dates when tackling something like this as there is so much that can potentially affect everything else so you can easily back yourselves into a corner. But you have to appreciate that we are chomping at the bit for more info.

I know that for me personally I have a group that will be starting their next campaign around February/March '24, but like many others now in the hobby they started during the pandemic virtually and by using Beyond. Now that several years have passed and they have a plethora of options and a comfort level, if it doesn't exist on Beyond then they don't want to use it. I dearly love A5E and have been championing it for a long time now, but this is a hurdle I haven't been able to get them over and your generator is looking like my only hope.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
@Morrus You guys are coming up on the year anniversary of this post. If you don't have anything noteworthy to post now then that is what it is, but at minimum you should have something to post for this time milestone. I
We've had recent updates on the official site which is always the best place to keep up with A5E news.

Remove ads