• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E a bunch of my youtube vids on 1e, basic, and other D&D

IvanMike

First Post
Weapons #1 – an overview of questions in terms of balancing the use of “realistic” mechanics with the desire to keep the game fun and simple - YouTube - D&D Weapons - #1 - an overview

Weapons #2 - A look at how weapons were handled in the OD&D, Basic, and 1e core, before specialization and weapon mastery - Lots of wonky stuff! - YouTube - D&D Weapons #2 - OD&D, Basic & 1st Edition core

Weapons #3 - A look at how AD&D turned weapon proficiency into a complex system of specialization in weapons and fighting styles in 1.5e and 2nd edition - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSxMp2xxmfY

Weapons #4 – Weapon Mastery in the rules cyclopedia and BECMI - A look at one of the better thought out methods of weapon proficiency & specialization using one complete system.- YouTube - D&D Weapons# 4 - Rules Cyclopedia (BECMI) Weapon Mastery

Last edited:

IvanMike

First Post
Weapons #5 - A look at how a more modern game (Pathfinder) handles weapons and proficiency, specialization, etc. Even "old school" gamers should give this a look just for comparison - YouTube - D&D Weapons #5 - Some (semi) - modern mechanics

[FONT=&quot]Weapons #6 - Finally I compare some systems and answer a few questions I posed in the beginning of the series, specifically about what classes should be able to use what weapons, should the be proficient in them to start with, how should weapons prowess be differentiated by class, and is RC half damage or a penalty to hit a better mechanic when using a non proficient weapon? - YouTube - D&D Weapons #6 - Class weapons, proficiency, & penalties for non-proficient use[/FONT]

IvanMike

First Post

IvanMike

First Post
D&D - Two Weapon Fighting 1 of 3 - A look at the problems with two weapon fighting, two different systems (AD&D and Pathfinder) & how they handle it, and the mathematical method used to evaluate these which is continued in the next video - YouTube - D&D - Two Weapon Fighting 1 of 3

D&D - Two Weapon Fighting 2 of 3 - A mathematical analysis of the Damage per round and average chance to hit with two weapons vs using a single weapon in AD&D and Pathfinder, followed by some alternative 2 weapon fighting mechanics, to be continued in the final video by a system I've been working on based upon these ideas and the mathematical analysis. - YouTube - D&D - Two Weapon Fighting 2 of 3

D&D - Two Weapon Fighting 3 of 3 - A look at an alternate method of two weapon fighting based upon AD&D mechanics and several ideas off of Dragonsfoot.org, including the mathematical analysis of this system and compared to 1e, 2e, and pathfinder. - YouTube - D&D - Two Weapon Fighting 3 of 3

rossik

Explorer
i've subscribed some time ago (same nick at youtube).
love the videos man, wish you do some modules review. it would be awesome!

Remove ads