• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC 5E 2020 Book Clue - I need your help!

teitan

Legend
One might've said the same after two in a row, bit here we are. 5E Setting books are rule expansions and monster supplements, at this point: why have dedicated rules or monster books when you can have a bit of something for everyone?

That’s been the approach to setting books since 2e.

gyor

Legend
Well, in terms of saying that 2020 would see more non-Medieval Europe standard cultures, Theros must have been par tof what is meant since it is not standard Medieval European fantasy and is coming in 2020, though not all probably.

Maybe a tiny part, but the cultural experts part was a response to critisms that the shallow cultural treatment that the Chultans, a predominately black people of none European style cultural heritage got in Tomb of Annihilation. There were some black activists who were let down by it and complained. It wasn't considered offensive, just considered lacking in depth compared to European inspired areas.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Ok, joke aside, I'm betting on....

X primer to the Nentir Vale

1) Welcome to the Vale!
2) Barony of Harkenwold (with the militia/friendliness/etc info for the 8 towns)
3) Fallcrest/Winterhaven and Hammerfast
4) Player stuff: Sharmind race, Turathi Hell-knight fighter, Dragon domain cleric, Feywild ranger
5) Improved rules for wilderness travel
6) Reprint of Reavers of the Harkenwold/ Keep of the Shadowfell/ The slaying stone/ stonefang pass
7) Threat to the Nentir Vale: small bestiary for the vale

Omg Please!!! Doubt it but please!!!

teitan

Legend
Ok, joke aside, I'm betting on....

X primer to the Nentir Vale

1) Welcome to the Vale!
2) Barony of Harkenwold (with the militia/friendliness/etc info for the 8 towns)
3) Fallcrest/Winterhaven and Hammerfast
4) Player stuff: Sharmind race, Turathi Hell-knight fighter, Dragon domain cleric, Feywild ranger
5) Improved rules for wilderness travel
6) Reprint of Reavers of the Harkenwold/ Keep of the Shadowfell/ The slaying stone/ stonefang pass
7) Threat to the Nentir Vale: small bestiary for the vale
I’d buy this and never look back.

The city of Mumbai India has a Heraldry.
Possibly the British influence though? All the towns and villages in Surrey have their own heraldry.

Dorking

akr71

Hero
You're the DM and it's your campaign. If the books disagree with how your campaign is set up, the books are wrong. Even if Ed Greenwood and Jeremy Crawford collaborated on the book together and there's a foreword that literally reads, "akr71 on ENWorld forums is doing it wrong and you should never play that way." Even then, the books are wrong.

Don't let the tail wag the dog.
I never do. I chose the location because there seemed to be a lot of old lore to mine for ideas and player immersion. I also chose the location because there was very little current information to distract me. That's probably a better way to state it.

I don't want to be distracted by what I might find interesting in an 'official' Cormyr book and try to shoe-horn it into my Cormyr.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
We also can’t be sure that BG3 is a Planar adventure either.
Well, no... I'm not thinking BG3 is a planar adventure itself, but it does involve mind flayers and gith. Which would be the connection between it and the eventual planar AP and the splatbook with the psionic subclasses and such whenever that arrives. I personally expect the illithid to play a large hand in the adventure myself.

lkj

Hero
1. He said he's doing three things right now and at least one is an Adventure, one has the text done, one is in second draft, and the third is just starting, I think they could be all for this year.

I have no thoughts on anything else. But it's clear from past comments that they start working on projects years in advance of publication, so I doubt it's all for this year. He did imply he could go on about more projects he's working on, but it seems like anything that is 'just starting' is probably quite a ways off.

AD

Remove ads