• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5e qustion about the book "Strormwrack" and Aquatic creatures

E

Elderbrain

If you have the 3.5 edition book "Stormwrack" which dealt with all things aquatic in nature, two things?

First, I think it had a sidebar on what happens if a creature suited to one kind of water (i.e. freshwater) entered the other kind of water (i.e. saltwater) - could somebody either quote me the rule or summarize it?

Second, does this book have a list of which creatures go in which environment, or does somebody have such a list? If so, please post.

Voadam

Legend
Page 8
FRESH WATER VERSUS SALT WATER The DUNGEONS & DRAGONS game does not distinguish between creatures that live in freshwater, creatures that live in saltwater, or creatures that can survive in either. Most monsters are completely insensitive to the difference—you can find aboleths in the bottom of Underdark rivers and seas or in the deep ocean trenches. The encounter tables given in the Appendix reflect an implicit division of animals and monsters into creatures found in fresh water (nixies) and creatures found in salt water (aquatic elves or sahuagin), but otherwise an aquatic creature is an aquatic creature.
At the DM’s discretion, creatures that belong in the other kind of water must make a Constitution check once per hour (DC 10, + 1 per previous check) or take 1d6 points of nonlethal damage. Creatures who take damage from a saltwater or freshwater environment become fatigued and remain so as long as they remain in an environment they aren’t suited for.

The encounter charts are on page 212.

Remove ads