• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 - Sorcerers and healing spells?

LordAO

First Post
The new post of the Red Dragon on the Wizard's sight says that the Red Dragon casts spells as a 13th level Sorcerer and gives a spell list. And guess what's on that list? Healing spells!

Does this mean Sorcerers in 3.5 will be able to learn healing magic?

LGodamus

First Post
Umm no

Some Dragons have always been able to cast from the cleric list using their virtual sorc levels....this is nothing new

Staffan

Legend
Not to be snarky or anything, but don't people read their MMs anymore? I think this is the fourth or fifth thread that starts with a question about "How come the dragon can cast heal?" - though to be fair, most of those have been in RPG General.

In 3.0e, blue and red dragons, as well as all the metallic ones, are capable of casting spells from the cleric list as well as 2-4 domains. While it's not precisely spelled out, I always considered that to mean "They may choose them as if they were sorcerer spells, but they still take up spells known slots."

LGodamus

First Post
Right staffan ..thats exactly how it is supposed to be taken......as an aside...my house rules have all dragons able to cast spells from divine or arcane lists, but cast as a sorc.

Olive

Explorer
LGodamus said:
Right staffan ..thats exactly how it is supposed to be taken......as an aside...my house rules have all dragons able to cast spells from divine or arcane lists, but cast as a sorc.

:eek:

Now THAT'S versatile...

Sejs

First Post
Heh, good reasons for the Dragons in Dragonstar to hold that attitude about wizards and such.

If you can't cast spells naturally, you wern't meant to cast spells at all.

^_^

Remove ads