• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Difficult terrain may now prevent 5 foot steps.

Fenes 2

First Post
I meant, can you circumvent the movement restrictions with jumping or tumbling? I can imagine some situations where walking would be difficult and slow, but jumping or tumbling would be easy - say a room full of furniture.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Tharizdun said:
I just looked it up, and if the terrain hampers movement, you cannot take a five foot step.

"In some situations, your movement may be so hampered that you don't have sufficient speed even to move 5 feet (1square). In such a case, you may use a full round action to move 5 feet ...." and it goes on t say that this provokes an attack of oppertunity

"You can't charge or run through any square that would hamper your movement"

I bet that entangle and web make use of this new rule. It will be interesting to find out!

Cheers

Tharizdun

First Post
Web--rules are the same as before

Entanglement--I'm not sure, but the spell looks the same (succefull STR check and one can move at 1/2 speed)

Jump: a jump is part of a move action, so it may not be that handy -a standing jump is 5 feet, DC 10.

"circumvent the movement restrictions with jumping or tumbling"

-up to the DM I guess, but if all squares hamper movement, you already know the answer to this one :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads