• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E [2e] online game

If I start an AD&D 2nd Edition game over video chat, would you be interested?

• Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%

ghaladen

Explorer
So I've recently returned to D&D in the past 6 months after an 11 year hiatus, DMing a 4e game for friends, most of which have never played prior. And while I picked up 4e simply because it was the edition du jour, I'm kinda lamenting that decision. Don't get me wrong, the new edition isn't terrible, but I feel it doesn't bring the complete D&D experience. Thus, I'm thinking about going back to my roots and playing the edition I grew up with, AD&D 2nd Edition (never played 3.5). Trouble is no one here in Houston wants to play 2nd edition mostly because of its less than friendly video game like rules of the newer version. So I figured why not see if the online community would be interested. There are several options to choose from as far as voice chatting. Skype recently announced 4-way group video chat if you download their beta. However, with only 4 heads, the party would be limited to 3 players and a DM. Also sites like tinychat.com do video chat, but the quality and lag leave alot to be desired.

Anyway, I'm re-reading the old rules now as we speak, and I imagine it will be awhile before they all sink back into my head. Plus, I'll have to decide on a setting and start fleshing out a overarching story. Forgotten Realms would be cool (without all this 4e spellplague nonsense), but Dragonlance would probably be my #1 choice since thoughts of Krynn bring back warm fuzzies. :)

Anyway, this thread is to fish for interest mainly. I'm free on weeknights, M-F probably 7p-12a Central Time. Saturday is out of the question, Sunday is a maybe, but would have to start perhaps around 5 or so.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know.

slwoyach

First Post
I'm also not interested in a video chat game, but Stickam might be what you're looking for. It's a website that's very easy to use and you can set up private chatrooms if I remember correctly. You can have up to 9 people at a time.

athos

First Post
Hey there

I like 2nd edition and would play a game on skype with voice, but I don't have the bandwidth on my satellite connection to do video. Plus being limited to just 3 players would kind of suck.

Anyways, good luck with your game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads