• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 2E 2e kits for 5e?

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
[MENTION=6801313]Elladar[/MENTION]. Good work there. And as we though - most can be covered by 5E mechanics. It is still worth looking through those books for the concept though. Most are well written to fit the concept into setting.

I feel some could be better developed (hence my brutal archetype for fighters etc), but as you have pointed out. Almost all are easily catered for.

BTW: giant killer = ? Isn't one of the ranger builds about fighting large creatures?

Elladar

First Post
BTW: giant killer = ? Isn't one of the ranger builds about fighting large creatures?

Absolutely (colossus slayer); at the time I was looking at them from the background point of view. Kits like that, added to the plethora of 3e PrCs that involve bonus damage to a certain enemy type (there really are so many, something like 25) led me to figure there should be a feat out there, like the one below (which also gets rid of the need for a favored enemy as a mechanic for rangers, which is a totally different discussion).

Hated Foe Feat
• Pick something from the ranger’s favored enemy. You get the benefits of a ranger’s FE
• You add your proficiency bonus to damage against your foes.

Remove ads