• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

13th Age 13th Age monsters in 5E

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
Some great work done already, it looks like 13th age is a good fir for 5e, this fills me with optimism! I'm going to have a look over the weekend about stating up some 5e monsters with 13th age trimmings :)

Thanks for the work guys!

Nebulous

Legend
That's a great and incredibly useful list. I'll link to the 13th Age open source SRD, and encourage people to actually buy the books. They're freakin' awesome, and I say that with great prejudice because I've written for them.

Yes, they ARE useful, and for someone who might be a book-a-holic and discouraged by 5e's slow rollout, it's a perfect supplement.

Personally, just dropping one of these into a 5e monster stat block completely erases my worries about them being too "vanilla".

Psikerlord#

Explorer
So let me know what you think. I think it would be easy to implement these, and maybe even the escalation die for another mechanic, but that might be a little trickier.

https://app.box.com/s/tceem0vkcjgq9rfa8h8h
These look excellent, thanks for doing it.

I think there is a lot to be said for even pinching randomised surprise effects, like if you roll 16+, this happens, or if you roll an even, that happens. Very easily thrown on top of a what otherwise might be a kind of boring 5e monster, and due to the randomised nature, even the DM will be surprised.

Nebulous

Legend
These look excellent, thanks for doing it.

I think there is a lot to be said for even pinching randomised surprise effects, like if you roll 16+, this happens, or if you roll an even, that happens. Very easily thrown on top of a what otherwise might be a kind of boring 5e monster, and due to the randomised nature, even the DM will be surprised.

You're welcome. And I agree, randomizing a few effects is a great idea. I sure wish that had been a core rule!

Remove ads