• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) WotC renaming Charisma in 2024 books

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
To be fair... I would have no issue with renaming Charisma OR Constitution so that we could have six different initial letters for the ability scores. :D

That's one of my little pet peeves and something I always try and slightly force my players to go along with... no one's allowed to come up with character names whose initial letter is the same as anyone else's. If I'm writing down initiative order and such, I just want to be able to use a single letter for each PC for ease-of-use and recognition.

Strength−Fortitude
Dexterity−Athletics
Intelligence−Perception
Charisma−Will

GreatestHonor

Explorer
To be fair... I would have no issue with renaming Charisma OR Constitution so that we could have six different initial letters for the ability scores. :D

That's one of my little pet peeves and something I always try and slightly force my players to go along with... no one's allowed to come up with character names whose initial letter is the same as anyone else's. If I'm writing down initiative order and such, I just want to be able to use a single letter for each PC for ease-of-use and recognition.
Maybe you could call Constitution “Endurance”, or “Body”

Or Charisma could be called “Ego” or “Personality”

None of these examples feels as broad as Constitution or Charisma, but they could work

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
The specific name for charisma isn't too important, but currently it's wayy overvalued compared to other attributes & could use some changes to bring it in line. I'd like to see a return to the much more useful 3 saves, having 6 when only 3 are used much is just excessive and only serves to generate hair splitting debates for why $myBestSave is the most applicable if the gm creates any one off save or x stuff.

Remove ads