• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) What's important on the spell sheet the spellsheet

What should I put in the empty space?

• include a box for spell tags that appends after the page number & pray they are important

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Include a user defined box for spell source(ie class archetype item etc)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Add a third place to differentiate scribed/known vrs prepared

• "hey, could that work for my golfbag of adventurer toys too?" (maybe, tell me about it in a post)

• attack/save type

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Range/Target details (I hear ranges are standardized so a key & symbols might do)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • something else(post detail in thread)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Given the spells by level pages with the pagenumber, is pg# on spellsheet still needed?

• I like swords! (I don't know what's useful for casters but wanted to vote for something)

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I made a post a couple days back with a bunch of tweaks to the character sheet & have had a lot of time since to keep fiddling. After that post I figured out a way to leverage the pages for each spell level to fit more spells on the spellsheet. That leaves bit of extra room & the ability to scroll the listboxes as opposed to needing to add extra form fields if a particular spell level is full up for a caster & needs more entries for known/prepared.

The scrolling listbox in action once filed with example spells & filler page numbers. The scrollbar would hypothetically allow a level 20 wizard to prepare 31 spells of a single level or whatever ight seem useful
1623553415386.png

The dropbox used to populate the listbox with spells pulled from the page for that spell level's spells
1623553517840.png

Click No
1623553676246.png

Clicking yes will of course empty everything in that listbox till you use the dropdown & [Add Spell↓] button to repopulate it
Clicking the bookmarklet will jump between the spellsheet & the page detailing spells of that level where another bookmarklet can be clicked to jump back to the spell sheet
Please vote. I know what would be useful for my caster characters, but wanted to hear what others thought before I take steps to make use of that extra space to the right of those page numbers

rules.mechanic

Craft homebrewer
Your character sheet is great, thanks for doing this. I would just leave the final touches for now - until A5E is closer to its own final touches.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Your character sheet is great, thanks for doing this. I would just leave the final touches for now - until A5E is closer to its own final touches.
To a degree it's an excuse to learn a bit of javascript & work out some kinks, most of the work so far was done while a kitchen remodel was being done. :D

I still have some code to work out before I rebuild the spell by level pages because right now it's a bit like
1623619039480.png

In addition to everything it did before, here is some cool stuff it allows while WiP
1623618342492.png

1623619141885.png

Remove ads