• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer What is Spelljammer, video interview with Chris Perkins

Kurotowa

Legend
The next promotional video is on the Giff. From the interview they heard the UA feedback loud and clear, and the final Giff stats will indeed have an innate affinity for firearms. They're sort of threading the needle to jibe that with "no hard coded cultural traits in racial stats", but I suppose this is their way to try and make both camps happy.

While I think D&D is moving away from using real world deities, I think a possible deity for the Giff might be the Yoruban (who are from the area that's modern Nigeria) Deity Shango who's a deity of lightning and fire, which would cover firearms.

Giffs as skins in Fortnite confirm... oh, sorry!

---

I see WotC is very interesting to recover old IPs, but I guess the true goal is not selling more sourcebooks really, but to promote the different sub-lines as "brands", because today the market strategy is to use an IP to sell different types of products.

I wonder about the insectares. The original metaplot had got some "secret" and this could be an obstacle to design insectares as a PC race.

What about the bionids?

Other point is Spelljammer being used to play a mash-up of their favorite sci-fi franchises. And why not?

Last edited:

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I might mix in cabal from destiny in with giff if I used them as being big and solving problems by smashing straight through it seems very giff like.

Remove ads