• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS Way to tie WotBS into Forgotten Realms?

Mechanimal

Explorer
I was wondering if anyone has tied this campaign into the FR setting. I was looking to branch my into module (Scepter Tower of Spellgard) into the beginning of this, or any other part that would make more sense. It doesn't have to be elaborate -- and maybe even just changing the names of some cities/towns. Anyone have any input/ideas to go by doing this?

I did a playtest where Ragesia was Thay, Shahalesti was Aglarond, and the map was turned 90 degrees to make stuff sorta fit. Coaltongue became an archmage of Thay who had earned the trust of a few neighboring nations' armies, and used them to conquer the surrounding area.

I never got past the first session, so I didn't figure out parallels in depth.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
With some very judicious reworking of the module, you could definitely use the areas north of the Sea of Fallen Stars and keep a lot of the FR history intact.

The Galena and Earthspur mountains would serve as the bulwark between the eastern alliance of Damara (stand-in for shahalesti) against the forces of the Dale Lands. An interesting possibility is that the warlock knights of Vaasa could be in the process of enacting their plans of conquest and have enlisted the orcs and ogres of Thar and The Ride to dominate the Dale Lands.

Sembia, Vesperin, Impiltur and possibly even Cormyr could be your Ostalin, Sindaire and Dassen. In fact, I think that could work really quite well if you put a bit of effort into reworking the module with FR influences from those regions.

Remove ads