• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Time Line Software

zilch

First Post
Its for a world history. And I need as many features as possible. IT's in notepad at the moment, its hard to edit, it's huge, and it gets complicated when more than one thing happens in the same year.

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
The Codex Tree in DM's Familiar is an outlining and rich-text tool. So you could have a outline like:

Year 2002
----Request for Timeline Software
--------Notepad is suggested
--------MS Project is suggested
----Todd Suggests DM's Familiar
Year 2001
----I use notepad

Each of those entries would have a rich-text field tied to it so that you can enter any information you want. The tree itself can expand/collapse so you could display different years, not see the detail on other years, etc.

Maybe that would help.

Last edited:

Setanta

First Post
Hey Todd-

That's a good idea. Is there any chance you could add the ability to export the codex in something other than DMF format, or maybe put the codex into your player's version (possibly read only)? I like to send my players a log between sessions, which I currently do in Word. Using DMF would be much more convenient if I could send it to the players.

Cal

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
I like to send my players a log between sessions, which I currently do in Word. Using DMF would be much more convenient if I could send it to the players.

The Codex Tree can be printed (previewed) and the preview can be exported and emailed to the players.

From the Codex Tree, click the Printer button which brings up a preview of the current node of the tree and all children.

Click the "Export" button which looks like an envelope

Select the Export format. You can export the preview to Word, HTML, Excel, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Select the delivery type. If your using Outlook you can select Microsoft EMail (MAPI) and it will go directly to an email message that you can send to your players.

Remove ads