• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free The Way of the Tiger gamebooks - free demo now, Kickstarter in October

Sir Knight

First Post
My name is Richard S. Hetley, and I posted here before when I and my friends launched a gamebook on Kickstarter last year (Arcana Agency: The Thief of Memories). We're trying to spread word about our next project, The Way of the Tiger: a collector's edition and expansion of the classic gamebook series from the 80's.

There's a preview of the project page linked from my online portfolio. Just do a quick search for my name (see above) and you'll get it quickly from WordPress.

Anyway, the six "Choose Your Own Adventure"-style games in this series put the reader in control of a ninja, Avenger, in a world of weird fantasy. This was one of THE foundational series that established the "solo RPG" in history. If you're new, nothing can explain better than the 100-page "demo" of our updated book 1 we have online (linked in the preview page and in the writing samples on my portfolio).

The Way of the Tiger is particularly loved because of its rich story and martial arts gameplay. It hasn't had a reprint in nearly 30 years, but come October we'll launch our Kickstarter to bring it back in full-color. And, if all goes well, to expand it beyond the original six books!

We really want people to join us on the journey, and we've already made changes to the project based on fan feedback. Please come on by, leave a post, play the demo, and share it with your friends.

Thanks for reading!

Sir Knight

First Post
A quick update:

Thanks to feedback, we've been able to improve the demo file with both edited and new artwork. It's 4 pages longer and has revisions as per discussion with fans. Again, search for my name (Richard S. Hetley), and my WordPress portfolio will link you to the Kickstarter page for The Way of the Tiger.

We also have been involved in a general site update (again, in response to fan feedback) and have put up a project video. We encourage you to take a look!

Cheneybeast

First Post
A quick update:

Thanks to feedback, we've been able to improve the demo file with both edited and new artwork. It's 4 pages longer and has revisions as per discussion with fans. Again, search for my name (Richard S. Hetley), and my WordPress portfolio will link you to the Kickstarter page for The Way of the Tiger.

Why in the world would you not simply link to your Kickstarter?

Sir Knight

First Post
Ah, you might ask your administrators/moderators that question. You'll see there are other threads around for the same thing: "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times." Apparently, the minimum is 10 posts.

I'd rather hold a real conversation instead of spam people in order to reach that barrier. In the last thread I saw, the poster managed it just by talking about the post minimum itself. So since you prompted me to reply, I'm now further along. Thank you!

Meanwhile . . .

Would you mind doing the search, copying the links, and posting them here? Pretty please?

Remove ads