• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) The big difference between A5e and 5e?

VanguardHero

Adventurer
And now I got this idea to check some of the old Dark Sun stuff and put together a one shot adventure for "Level Up Dark Sun"...
I know everyone seems to prefer 2e Dark Sun, but I strongly suggest considering using 4e Dark Sun as the basis. It being right at a turning point of the world and that sense of dangerous hope that things can change makes for a great launching point without any of the muddyness of the Living Narrative stuff of the 2e era as I understand it.

I like the idea of Athas being a dying world that cannot be saved. But it is dying on a cosmic scale within the next thousand years or so. No campaign needs to see the actual end of Athas. It just needs to provide the backdrop of a dying world for as long as the campaign runs.

Anna Meyer in her Greyhawk mapping project is putting Dark Sun as a subsetting in a small part of a huge, remote desert. :)
I would be pretty interested in seeing how some campaign settings might fit onto super-planets. I don't need the suns and moons to work like earth physics, not when there are fantastic options for how a fantasy world might work.

Remove ads