• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) So, Cunning Srike?!

Oh, I wasn't trying to say it was a new idea, I was only pointing out the same terminology. For example, I had it for things like this:

View attachment 289210

View attachment 289211

So the timing is...less than ideal. Since I just released my own playtest, it might come across like I was stealing WoTC's idea by calling it the same thing and doing a similar thing.

But I guess that seems par for the course, because I've also had specialized traits for weapons that certain professions had, and WotC's recent UA had that too. Wait a minute, is someone at WotC using my playtests and taking my ideas? ;) :p

View attachment 289212
I think noone had that idea before you. So probably yes. 😋

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Sure. I’m not saying the idea is new. I’m saying the way I implemented this thing called cunning strike WotC is doing as well and calling it the same thing. It’s all kinda tongue in cheek. I just don’t want folks to say “you stole that from WotC”
Heh heh... this is the whole point of Open Gaming in the first place. No mechanics are "owned" by anyone-- everyone gets to use whatever gets made by other people in their own material. So any schmuck who says you "stole" from WotC just needs a doofslap upside the head because they have no idea what open gaming is.

Hell you (and every other DMs Guild author) "stole" baseline Dungeons & Dragons itself before we ever get to the point someone arguing you "stole" Cunning Strike. ;)

Remove ads