• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Pulling From Below

basiliv

Explorer
Howdy Disco Citizens!

Question about Pulling From Below. From AG pg 441:

“Pulling From Below
If you are at least 5 feet below your target, your target is your size or smaller, and you aren’t grappled or restrained, you gain an expertise die on Strength checks and saving throws made against it.”

Is this only Strength saves, or is it all saves and also Str checks?

Pedantic

Legend
If I'm understanding your question, you're asking if "Strength" should modify both "checks" and "saving throws" or just "checks" in the original construction?

I believe the intent is that it should be read as "Strength checks and Strength saving throws" as I would expect it to use the word "all" otherwise.

basiliv

Explorer
If I'm understanding your question, you're asking if "Strength" should modify both "checks" and "saving throws" or just "checks" in the original construction?

I believe the intent is that it should be read as "Strength checks and Strength saving throws" as I would expect it to use the word "all" otherwise.
Fair, but it would have been clearer if it said something like “checks and saving throws based on Str”. But your interpretation makes sense.

Remove ads