• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PCGEN 2.4.8 problem

Pinnocchio

First Post
From what I've seen so far from my own experience and those related on the Yahoo! Groups mailing list, not finding the alignment drop-down has been a common theme with this version of PC Gen. I wouldn't be surprised if PC Gen 2.4.9 doesn't see it moved to someplace more prominent.

Marc

psionotic

Help: Can't launch app at all

I have been unable to get PC Gen 2.4.8 to work at all. I'm using WinXP home edition, and I have tried running under that and in Win 95 compatability mode.

I downloaded both zip files, and extracted them to a shared folder called PcGen.

I then tried to launch the dos based file called "pcgen". A dos window quickly appears, and it looks like something might happen but in less than a second its gone. Too fast to read what it says, and no PC Gen.

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?

TBoarder

Explorer
Possibly... make sure you're opening the PCGen Executable JAR file, not the MS-DOS Batch file. On my computer (which has WinXP Home, like your's), it uses a text file icon, but it will open the program for you.

psionotic

TBoarder said:
Possibly... make sure you're opening the PCGen Executable JAR file, not the MS-DOS Batch file. On my computer (which has WinXP Home, like your's), it uses a text file icon, but it will open the program for you.

OK, Windows does not recognize the extension of the jar file. Which program should I open it with? I tried Notepad, Wordpad, Internet Explorer, to no avail.

Thanks!

TBoarder

Explorer
It opens with Java. Mine is showing it opening with the javaw program. Make sure you have the latest version of Java downloaded onto your computer (WinXP Home doesn't come with it... give me a minute, I'll post a link)

Remove ads