• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS onamdammin's stat block...

jeffh

Adventurer
... seems to be missing from the Complete Campaign book. Running the end of adventure 11 RIGHT NOW and I could have sworn I had at least a rough idea of it, but right now I cannot find it anywhere.

Sorry I wasn't here to help.

With the benefit of hindsight, he's almost certainly too weak to be a threat at the level the party would face him. And if I could design him now, I'd give him a bunch of wonky spells to create walls and stuff to split the party and let him focus on people.

Attachments

• Onamdammin-3-5.png
    Onamdammin-3-5.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 637

jeffh

Adventurer
I just grabbed a generic-ish CR 20 warrior type stat block, because the staging for that fight says that's his CR, and ad libbed minor spellcasting abilities because it mentioned him having a wand.

With the benefit of hindsight, he's almost certainly too weak to be a threat at the level the party would face him.

That's a problem with a LOT of encounters at that stage, he's almost the least of them. How exactly are the monks in that encounter even supposed to HIT?

I'm using the plot and maps and redoing all the combat encounters on the fly. But I still like to have the original intended stat blocks to use as starting points.

Lylandra

Adventurer
I encountered the same "problem" in the later adventures, but thought most of it was due to the fact that Pathfinder tends to escalate in terms of player power compared to 3.5.

The enemies in adventure 11 are deliberately weak because there is no way a party could rest inside the Tempest. That being said, I still found them too harmless for a 19-20th level group, especially the final fight. What worked well for me regarding Pilus and Onamdammin was to take their theme (Pilus' spells and defensives, Onamdammin's leader archetype, the guards' martial prowess, the monk's hit-and-run shenanigans) and buff them massively.

If you can get your hands on the 4e versions, you could take their respective powers as inspiration and give them to these guys. Open Palm Strike and Lightning Palm Strike were both fitting additions. Oh and you can also triple Pilus' HP. He'd die in one or two strikes otherwise.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads