• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Enchantment Spells

billking

First Post
I was trying to design two new enchantment spells. Both will be classified as Charms (not Compulsions) although they techically affect the subject's attitudes towards everyone, not just the caster. For both I'd like to have opinions about spell level and perhaps a good name for each.

The first one, codenamed "paranoia," causes the subject to view all actions by other creatures as hostile for 1 day/level. Friends are viewed as sweettalking backstabbers, strangers as vultures swooping around a kill, etc. The subject isn't forced into this viewpoint but simply views all words and actions in the worst possible way.

The other one, codenamed "naivete," causes the subject to view all actions by other creatures as friendly for 1 day/level. Strangers are viewed as being helpful and friendly and hostile enemies as simply misguided but wishing the best, etc. The subject isn't forced into this viewpoint, but simply views all words and actions in the best possible way. (Essentially a charm person, but everyone's the caster!)

Of course, they counter and dispel each other, and should probably be the same spell level. Any feedback appreciated.

las

First Post
I think it shoud be one spell with the two opshenes that way you can easly say they cansil each other out and that spell shude be a second level spell. What to name it I dont have an idea.

novyet

First Post
Second or third level sounds about right for these two, but I do agree with Ias, this probably should be one spell, that can be reversed, as for what to call it, I've got no clue, how about worldview? Since that is what it affects. :) BTW, good to see you on the boards again, I hadn't seen you in a while

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads