• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3PP Release New 3PP release! Fiery Justice

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
New release! Two new archetypes, both based around a volcano theme.

Berserkers can now become Magma Ragers who superheat their weapons and take on more lava-like traits over time, including lowered susceptibility to critical hits and eventually the ability to lob volcanic bombs.

Heralds can become Deepfire Emissaries, carrying the righteous anger—and the island-making creativity—of the volcano with them. Even the newest recruits can shape lava and volcanic stone into useful items, but the most powerful can raise a new island out of the sea.

Either one can wind up looking like the guy on the cover, albeit in mechanically-distinct ways. ;)

Fiery Justice Cover.jpg

Available now on DTRPG for $5: Fiery Justice (A5E) - Purple Martin Games | DriveThruRPG.com

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
It looks really good. All the background decoration is really nice.

As always, a lot of these class features make for great antagonists. I had a lot of fun with the scholar knight from 'Arcane Avenger'. It can make a herald as tough to challenge as the old "batman wizard". The PCs thought they had gotten away from the goody-two-shoes inquisitor until she pulled out a scroll and started tracking them by speak with animals. Then they burned her boat and she pulled out a scroll for water walking.

A question on the sidebar for Dense Smoke. That supplements the AG rule on suffocating? The earlier rules only come into play if a creature doesn't hold their breath? I like the rule. i've long thought that creatures could go without air for way too long.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
The Dense Smoke sidebar is literally just a reprint of the Dense Smoke encounter element (which the Walking Volcano feature creates) for convenience (the same text can be found on page 49 of Trials and Treasure).

But yes, the smoke does impede breathing as well as sight.

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
The Dense Smoke sidebar is literally just a reprint of the Dense Smoke encounter element (which the Walking Volcano feature creates) for convenience (the same text can be found on page 49 of Trials and Treasure).

But yes, the smoke does impede breathing as well as sight.
Thanks for that. I had forgotten about that element. I foresee bush fires in the next few weeks at the table (before summer starts and we get them IRL).

Remove ads