• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mundane Tattoos, purchase or backstory?

Satin Knights

First Post
Hey, my summoner has a spell book. Well, one of them does. :p

Looking at the core rule book, a trained animal cost 50% more. (taking horses and ponies as an example)

jkason

First Post
On the other hand, I notice there was one character that had tattoos from backstory and, as far as I can tell, didn't pay for them. :erm: So maybe you should only have to pay for tattoos acquired after play begins.

I did that with Saktouk. At the time, I don't think I realized there actually were prices / rules for tattoos. The didn't provide any mechanical advantage to speak of, so it never occurred to me there'd be a price attached. That'll show me. :)

Chronikoce

First Post
[MENTION=6666968]Satin Knights[/MENTION], I was looking for something like that but I got tripped up because that 50% increase is for combat training which teaches 6 tricks through handle animal.

To be honest its not a big deal since 50% increase in price brings the bat from 5gp to 7.5gp. Do you think it would be reasonable to pick a few tricks to teach it then for the increased price?

In this case I am thinking it might be fun and useful for it to know Come, Perform (not really sure what that would entail for a bat), Stay, Heel, and Fetch (very small objects of essentially no weight). Essentially trade out the Combat Trained that the extra 50% gives for Performance Trained

Remove ads