• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masterwork fluff

Systole

First Post
Just wondering what fluff people have come up with for their +2 skill masterwork items. I think it'd be nice to build a semi-complete list of ideas to work off of.

Sylla is currently using:
Facepaint Kit (Intimidate) - Used to paint a skull face on every morning.
Resonating Crystal (Spellcraft) - A small crystal that hums at slightly different frequencies when exposed to different schools of magic.
Codex of the Wilds (K:Nature) - Sort of self explanatory.

Qik

First Post
Ni's Diplomacy MW item is a monocle. Makes him look dapper yet sociable, or so he thinks, anyway, but it somehow manages to do the job nonetheless.

I have an idea for Mesem to collect a bunch of variations on the same idea - maybe different feathers? - for his MW items. Still thinking on that one, and it seems that I'll have some time, since we won't be shopping in SK's outing.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I wasn't using this but I did see on someone's sheet...

Compass (Survival)​

Although maybe I'm being too literal but it seems a compass should only provide its benefit when used to keep from getting lost and not the other applications of the survival skill.

Systole

First Post
A compass specifically only gives +2 to navigation. It's a real item in the SRD.

I was thinking of straight +2 survival item that would be a 'survival kit' -- fish line & hooks, animal call, compass ... I couldn't think of what else, though.

Remove ads