• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Knacks; reorganizing them and make most knacks available to several classes, few to all classes.

Stalker0

Legend
As a side-note, in the final edit they're not being called knacks. That was an easy way for us to silo them off for playtesting, but they are more folded in as class features in the actual book.
I like that. Yeah ultimately knacks felt too "minor" compared to the actual strength of some of the abilities, so happy to see a shift in perception there.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I'm personally in favor of making knacks class agnostic, and then just including a list of suggested knacks in each class. I see the value of classes for new players, but I much prefer opening up choices to allow for novel characters.
Yup this flexibility in character design ie something I find missing in standard 5e.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
They remind me somewhat of Martial Practices from 4e... or some of the kinds of skill specialization that should have been more developed in MP. Though they can't be as impactful as rituals/mp which take more effort and resources.

Remove ads