• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The great eagle took off and the giant returned to the flying castle. Fifteen minutes passed in nervous anticipation, and then a giant strolled into view along the trail from the direction of the steading. He was tall - much taller than the hill giants - and his silver-blue hair was cropped short. His skin was almost translucent, and his armor and clothes were of the finest qualities. He held an enormous sword, in its sheath, over his shoulder.

As he approached, he put up his hand and announced, "I am Prince Thyffon of Castle Volare and I would speak to you, if indeed you are those that have done violence to Giant-Kind."

He said the last as if the act had angered him, but he was still willing to speak.

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
Valda stares for a moment at the prince, as if she has some choice words to say to him, but she holds her tongue for the moment. She looks over at the others to see if they want to start the proceedings.

If no one steps forward, she will respond with a short "Go ahead and speak, your highness."

OOC:
Just a warning that Valda does not have Persuasion and a somewhat complicated view on giantkind. Allow her to steer the negotiation at all our peril. :)

OOC: I don't think any of us have persuasion. Eoghan was our diplomat and with him gone we are kinda in trouble with any form of negotiations. We are just going to have to do the best we can. With my -1 in charisma Quinn is not the one to lead anything.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Prince Thyffon's eyes narrowed as the group all looked about at each other, hoping someone else would step forward. Valda was boldest, though she could not mask her complicated feelings regarding giant-kind.

The cloud giant's hand gripped the handle of his sword, as if he was tempted to draw it, but he released it quickly and spoke instead, "I see that you are warriors and not diplomats. I was once the same, but responsibilities have forced me in another direction, as the wind changes. Let us keep things brief between us, lest tempers grow hot. Tell me: What do you know of the alliance between the giant-types?"

Remove ads