Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I had intended to add tomatoes. I forgot. They can be thrown in any time though. Mushrooms would be a staple in my diet if I could. I love them so much.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Few statements have been made that sound more white than this one.

The Beach Boys channel is back on SiriusXM
💃🕺💃🕺
The best version of this song. EVAR!

One of the greatest songs EVAR!

There's also a new documentary on May 24 on Disney +
My dad was a huge fan. The Beach Boys was one of the first concerts I ever went to. It was after a Braves game in the 80s. Free concert with game ticket. Also saw Alabama this way. Both bands became special to me for these reasons.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don’t dislike The Beach Boys- Lord knows I sing along with most of their songs- but I wouldn’t consider myself a fan. No denying their talent or impact on popular music, though.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
One of my cousins is working on a project that essentially has him working here in D/FW 4 days a week while his wife & kids are still living in Houston. He travels home every Friday, coming back here on Sunday nights. The project is expected to last some ways into 2025.

SMDH.

His parents live here.* His Mom will not let anyone into her house these days, and he speculates she may have become a hoarder. No evidence beyond the secrecy, though.

So he’s staying at his Dad’s place for the duration of the project. But apparently, there’s no food in the house. Dad will pick up 3 pieces of fried chicken (and some sides) and eat that for 2 dinners.🙄 So his beloved oldest son essentially has to fend for himself.

We hadn’t seen him in ages, so we invited him over for dinner at a gooooood local burger joint & socializing, which is when he dropped all this (& more) on us. At the end of the evening, I sent him out the door with a large ziplock of a huge batch of Hungarian-esque beef & mushroom soup I made and a similarly full bag of cooked cavatappi pasta to eat it over.

(My petty ass half-hopes he doesn’t share with his pops, but that’s unlikely.)

I also told him any holiday he can’t get home for or any time he wants to have a meal & company to give us a call.

* Both are medical professionals, are doing well financially, and are true & practicing nutjobs. And I say that with love for his Mom.

Remove ads